In 2004, the ICS Group recognised the need for specialised architectural services in the retail real estate and mixed used developments in India. To capitalise on this opportunity, ICS Group partnered with Bentel Associates International (BAI) to represent them in India.
Established in 1960, BAI is one of South Africa’s leading retail architecture firms, with more than 50 years of rich experience. It has been on the forefront of designing shopping centres and has pioneered the “Theme Centre” concept. BAI has developed malls like Canal Walk in Cape Town SA, Monte Casino in Johannesburg SA, The Clearwater Mall in Johannesburg SA, The Al Khayma Centre in Saudi Arabia, to name a few.
Bentel India is headquartered in Mumbai and has a fully operational design studio. It employs a dedicated team of qualified professional architects and is currently one of India’s leading retail architectural firms involved in designing projects covering over 54 million square feet, which includes retail projects, IT parks, hotels and mixed use developments.
Bentel India offers a wide range of services to its clients:
A few of Bentel’s notable projects and clients in India:
- Oberoi mall, Mumbai – 9,70,000 sq ft * for Oberoi constructions; a four levels mall designed around an atrium.
- South city mall, Kolkata – 11,85,000 sq ft* for South city developers; a five levels mall.
- U B city, Bangalore – 1,99,000 sq ft*for Prestige group and U B group, a three levels high end themed centre.
- DB City, Bhopal – 13,00, 000 sq ft* for Dainik Bhaskar group, a five levels mall.
- Mantri mall, Bangalore – 5,95,000 sq ft* for Mantri developers, interior design and façade design for a five levels mall.
- Inorbit lifestyle village, Hyderabad – 4,85,000 sq ft* for Inorbit, a single level lifestyle centre.
- Reliance marts for Reliance Retail Limited; Retail developments such as standalone hypermarkets, malls, mixed use developments including offices, entertainment and public amenities. A total of 4.56 million sq.ft. of developments have been designed across India (Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolhapur and Aurangabad).
- Master planning for Wave Hi Tech City, Ghaziabad.
- Mixed use development for Prozone Capital Shopping Centre at Coimbatore.
- Pacific Mall, Dehradun - 420,000 sq ft for Bansal Corporation.
- Bailey Square, Patna – 550,000 sq ft (under planning)
Bentel has been awarded with:
- Thane One - Asia Pacific Property award 2013 (office architecture category)
- UB City Bangalore 2009 CITYSCAPE India award - Best Urban Design & Master Planning (Architecture)
- Oberoi Mall, Mumbai - BEST RETAIL CATEGORY - RR Kabel Society Interiors Building Design Awards 2011